Learn, discover and develop a new approach.
The focus of this hands-on workshop is about discovering the principles behind our vision that are critical to our ability to draw and paint and the processes of creating from intuition and improvisation through to the formal aspects of art making and the techniques of painting. Personal attention will be given to each student according to his/her currently skill level and personal goals in art.
Day 1 Texture, Colour and and Improvisation
* Using intuition and spontaneity to inspire new directions and discovery through innovative exploration of materials, layering textures, surfaces, and glazing.
* Participants consider subject, content, composition, surface, tonality, colour and other formal aspects of painting whilst exploring various techniques of experimentation. Discover the possibilities as you journey through this process.
* Discover for yourself the secrets and magic of colour relationships. * You will learn to let go of painting habits and gain a new a set of skills on how to harness your
intuition through imagination, improvisation and observation.
Day 2 A Contemporary Approach to Tonal Realism
* A focus on what the eye sees rather than what our minds tell us about what is seen. * Cultivating visual clarity and perception. * Spatial awareness. * Colour and tonal values.
* Colour and space * Manipulating values, colors, edges, and brushwork. * In class exercises and observational skills. * Discussion and critical analysis. * Demonstrations and techniques.
Day 3 The Process and Techniques of painting
* Developing your initial studies through to a step by step process from study to completion. * Contemporary and traditional approaches * Traditional compositional dynamics and structure. * The selective view
* The techniques of the process of painting. * Discussion and critical analysis. * Demonstrations and techniques.
All painting media.
Suitable for all levels of ability.